I wanted to let you know what’s coming up in the next few weeks with First Coast Missional Communities:
1) Worship – We’re holding our monthly worship celebration on Saturday, September 12 at 6:30 freshly renovated St. John’s Room at Faith Community Church (3450 CR 210, 32259)! We’ll be sharing and celebrating ways we’ve been able to join God in His work, commissioning and praying for those who will be serving Young Lives this fall, and exploring how knowing our identity in Christ can guard against doing things for the wrong reason. (Read Matthew 6 if you want a preview).
2) Discipleship – Two gatherings each week. There’s a men’s group meeting noon’s at the Hurricane Grille on 210 every Tuesday. We’ll be working with the Life Shapes tools while working through the book Wild at Heart. The Wednesday Night group meets tomorrow at 7 at Norma and Andrew’s (12534 Woodfield Cir, W 32258). We’re beginning a season of studying the Book of Acts as a primer for finding Persons of Peace. (To learn more about either, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Mission – Young Lives is about to kick off their school year activities. A number of FCMCers will be involved! Most of us will be volunteering and serving on Monday evenings. We are just really blessed to be a part of what God is doing in and through Young Lives in St. Augustine, the Beaches, and Urban Jax! What a joy to be with Jordan, Michelle, and baby Marius last month and to celebrate Michelle’s new life in Christ!
4) Our Personal Missions – I’m not sure how to write about this, but as summer waned, several of us experienced personal losses in our families and extended families. Ahead of this season, we spent time learning how God works through us to bless others when we take time to listen, love, and pray. It seems God was giving us skills for caring for one another and for others. It has not been an easy season – but it has been very encouraging to hear stories of how God is working in us and through us during this season. Discipleship equips us for service!
5) On the radar – Women’s Great Banquet: October 22-25 (Heather’s on staff for this one). Men’s Great Banquet: November 4-5. We’ll hold a Healing Service before Thanksgiving. Plan to join us for a retreat in February. We’re talking about a mission trip to Esteli next summer.
6) Finally remember – Christ, who lives in you by the power of the Holy Spirit, has something he wants to do in you and through you wherever you find yourself! Believe this – and go in His grace, His love, and His power!