Upcoming Love First Coast Gatherings
- April 19 – Good Friday Sunrise at Mickler’s Landing (6:55AM)
- April 21 – Easter Worship Gatherings (Visit any church in Jacksonville, or come to the one the Alexanders are hosting in their neighborhood at 10:00am at 320 S. Buck Board Dr., 32259)
- May 5 – Worship Gathering (6:45pm @ Faith Community Church 3450 CR210, 32259)
- May 19 – Dinner Together (6:00pm. Place TBD)
- June 4 – Worship Gathering
- June 23 – Dinner Together
Question for the day: What do you do that helps you to follow Jesus?
Tomorrow is Friday. But Sunday is coming!
Because of what Jesus went through Friday, and because of Sunday, we can receive these words:
“Listen up church! These flesh and bone bodies we walk around in cannot inherit the kingdom of God. What is becoming more corrupted doesn’t get to enjoy the full benefits of being incorruptible. But pay attention to what I’m saying and I will tell you a mystery: all of us won’t sleep in death, but all of us will will be transformed. It will happen instantly – faster than a fleeting glance – at the at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. It makes good sense to take off what is perishing in order to put on what will never fade, to swap what is mortal for what is immortal. And it will happen. The saying that is written will come true:
Death has been swallowed up in victory.
For where, death, is your victory?
Where, grave is your sting?
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my dear sisters and brothers, my beloved church, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.