Let’s be clear up front: We commend buying them, reading them, and thinking about what you find there, all with a lot of prayer. The resources mentioned below offer much more insight into using life-shapes for discipleship than the summaries you will find on this web site. So if you are able, pick up these resources and start working through them.
These are the Primary Resources:
- Building a Discipling Culture, 2011, by Mike Breen, available at 3dmovements.com.
- Healing, by Fancis McNutt, 1999, Available from ChristianHealingMin.org
- The Huddle Leaders Guide, 2012, by Mike Breen, available at http://www.3dmovements.com
- Experiencing God, Revised and Expanded, 2009, by Henry Blackaby and Claud King, available at Lifeway.Com
Complementary Curriculums. If you want to do Bible studies that resonate with the discipleship principles you find here, we highly recommend these.
- Just Walk Across the Room by Bill Hybles. Available at Amazon.com or Christianbook.com
- Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God, Henry Blackaby and Claude King, available at Lifeway Christian Stores.
- The Art of Neighboring, Jay Pathek and Dave Runyon, 2014. Available at Amazon.com or Christianbook.com
- Surprise the World, Michael Frost, 2015, Available at Amazon.com.
- E100 Reading Guide and related resources are available from http://www.scriptureunion.org
- The Alpha Course by Holy Trinity Brompton (Nicky Gumbel) available from christianbook.com
Recommended for further reading.
Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
The Rest of God, 2007 by Mark Buchannan
Who Is This Man, 2012 by John Ortberg
Covenant and Kingdom, 2013, by Mike Breen.
Questions of Life: A Practical Introduction to the Christian Faith, 1998, by Nicky Gumbel
Water from a Deep Well, 2007 by Jerry Sitser
Let Jesus Heal Your Hidden Wounds, 2001 Brad Long and Cindy Strickler
Growing Your Church in the Power of the Holy Spirit, 2009 Brad Long, Cindy Strickler, and Paul Stokes